Kaligmo's Quest (April Fool's Prank)

9 replies
Administrator
Votes:
+388

Note: This was a prank. It is a game I made to teach kids how to create game sprites and add them to a game engine! Everything written below is a ruse!

This thread is for praising and discussing my first major attempt on getting big in the gaming world! KALIGMO'S QUEST! I've been working on it for nearly 3 years in my spare time (this was a reason a few episodes of TNA took so long to make-- I was working on this!). Do yourself a favor and try it out!

vyHRPHs.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK

Kaligmo's Quest is about a dude named Kaligmo (or his girlfriend Betsy if you prefer) and his quest to get back home while avoiding dangerous monsters! The game includes:

4 LONG EPIC LEVELS!
INTENSE SINGLE-PLAYER ACTION!
NO BUGS!
AN INFINITE BOW WEAPON!
MULTIPLE TYPES OF ENEMIES!
EXCELLENT MUSICAL SCORE!
FLUID ANIMATIONS!
DOUBLE JUMPING!!

I can assure you that you'll enjoy it to the fullest! Do me a favor and let me know what you think after you're done playing!
Posted Apr 1, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 2, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
That is sick as falconer02.
Posted Apr 1, 18
VIP
Votes:
+118
I like it, its very fun falc!!! well done ^^
Posted Apr 1, 18
VIP
Votes:
+30
This was really good, i love all the sprites and animations. Collision with the floor after jumping is an issue i ran into while playing. Overall it was a fun, challenging, but not too challenging experience. Looking forward to what you come up with in the future! I'm sorry to hear about the animation not working out, but if this is any example you def have the chops to be a game maker! (pun intended).
Posted Apr 1, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+6
Loved the game! It wasn't frustrating once you got the hang of it, and it wasn't too easy! I also encountered an issue where you would land from a jump without moving to the left or right (landing straight down), and wouldn't be able to move left or right without jumping again. Just had to get used to that. It was a good 45 minutes of fun and I'm glad you released it. On the other hand, it's super sad to hear you wont be pursing animating anymore. I know how disheartening it must be to put so much time and effort into a project and then see media platforms make stupid people famous (especially over the last couple years). I hope you'll always know that your animations were special to many people including myself. Can't wait to see where video games like this will take you!
Posted Apr 1, 18
Votes:
Are you actually quitting animation?
Posted Apr 2, 18
Votes:
+6
You trolled us.
Good April Fools Prank! Good to hear you aren't actually quitting animating.
Wasn't that bad of a game tho. 45 minutes of mindless fun is still fun ;)
Posted Apr 2, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
Ok thabk god he wasn’t retiring from animation. Damn he got me good. I was getting emotional reading that
Posted Apr 3, 18
Administrator
Votes:
+388
I'm was actually really surprised you guys liked it! It was actually thrown together in less than a week for this short class I had to teach last summer using Game Maker. Two things shot through my head while reading everything though...either people were going:

*dear god this is game is horrible. What is falc doing omg this is shit*
"GREAT JOB, FALC! WOO!"
*holy hell I shouldn't be encouraging this*

...or the state of decent video games is fairly abysmal if this is considered good.
Posted Apr 3, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
You gotta release it. Looks gud
Posted Apr 3, 18
NoticeNotices